Art doesn't have to be Expensive
By witnessing the success of the various Art Workshop presentations this week, I noticed that kids were having a wonderful time making their own art supplies. Take for example the presentation by Stephanie and Kris; by simply bringing in a bag of sugar and some colored chalk, the children sprung into action making the supplies for the project. What they produced in the end, were true masterpieces if I may say so. The point being, this is a perfect example of how art can be infused into the class with a minimal budget. Daniel and Michael utilized another aspect with minimal budget in mind; they used empty PET bottles to decorate and make into adorable musical shakers. Although these are only a few examples, I am sure that by having the students bring in their old bottles, greeting cards, newspaper and other readily available, free supplies, a minimal budget may not propose a threat that would make it impossible to infuse some form of art into the classroom.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home