ARED 335 Monday April 3rd.
Tonight was the first night of class. Our instructor, Ms. Pat Reilly is very opened and non-intimidating yet she has written out what she is expecting from us which I very much appreciate. Our instructor gave us two activities for this evening. The first was "Vases and Faces" which emphasized the left-brain, right-brain aspect of the student. I think I am still predominately left brain! I can see how this activity would be a good one for all levels. The next activity was a little more challenging. This was the upside down drawing. We had to copy a drawing of Igor Stravinsky by Pablo Picasso. However, the method was that we placed the drawing upside down and copied it from the bottom up. Again this was an exercise in left brain right brain exploration. Overall, this was an interesting first class that opened up many ideas for teaching art.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home